When you book your portrait session you will want to ensure that you have a variety of clothing options available. A Portrait session can be 3 different things. It can be a boudoir style portrait, Glamour style portrait or Personal Branding. Some of my clients actually like to mix all 3 types together. I mean, why not right! You will be having your hair & makeup professionally styled, plus a 2 hour photo session booked, heck you should mix up the looks. Some gals will start off with a professional look. Perhaps they want some photo’s taken for their Linkedin profile’s or business website & social media. We start off with 2 professional clothing looks. One dress, and the other a suit or pants and a blouse. Once we get the shots you need for your business we will then move into a couple of glamour looks. You can opt for a little black dress, it always looks great and classy. Next look can be a skirt or even jean’s and a pretty top and some awesome jewelry. Most of my clients will like to have a few glamour shots for themselves and maybe for their husbands or partners office desk. Finally moving onto a boudoir look. You can bring along 2 looks. You can opt for a corset look, or even a bra and panties. These photo’s can then be shared with your partner, or kept just for YOU! Some women even have a few printed and sneak one under his/her pillow for a nice surprise.
Tips For Portrait Wardrobe:
- Stay true to your style. Find cloths that you would usually wear.
- Find colours that look great on you.
- If we are shooing outside, dress for the weather.
- look for dress and pant cuts that flatter your body shape. Don’t worry about size, it’s just a number. Look at fit and how it shapes your body.
- Accessorize and bring a variety of options. bring scarves, long necklaces, hats, a Blazer is always a nice addition.
- Shoes and boots are a great way to take a look into another direction. Shoe’s also have a way of making us feel sexy! Especially heels.
- Have fun!
Are you thinking of having some updated photos for yourself, perhaps for your social media. Or maybe you want to have some photo’s taken just for you. I’d love to hear from you!